Westside Skin Cancer Clinic
Managing Complex Skin Cancers – Quickly and efficiently
Westside Private Skin Cancer Clinic has been created to support General practitioners and patients manage complex skin cancer cases. Specialists Dr Adam Quinn and Dr Christopher Stewart have come together each with unique set of skills, working as a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive management of all cutaneous malignancies based at Westside Private Hospital.
Westside Private is a world class facility designed to maximise the patient’s convenience and this services takes full advantage of this. Our consulting suites are situated above the Hospital and the Hotel is within the building allowing patients and family not from Brisbane to stay at an affordable accommodation while treatment occurs.
Dermatologist and Mohs Micrographic Surgeon
Dr Quinn’s areas of expertise include;
- Skin Cancer
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Dr Christopher Stewart
MBBS (Hons1), MMed, FRANZCO, ANZSOPS
Subspecialist oculoplastic/adnexal surgeon as well as a general ophthalmologist with expertise in:
- Eyelid malposition surgery
- Periocular reconstructive surgery
- Lacrimal/watery eye surgery
- Orbital surgery
How does the service work?
- Prospective patients are referred to the service with photo and biopsy result if possible
- 2 week treatment time from receipt of referral
- Upcoming referrals are discussed amongst the team to determine appointment planning and involvement required
- Preoperative appointment are arranged, and any additional test organised
- Surgery including excision and reconstruction is performed the following day after the consultation
- Patients are usually able to return home within 1-2 days following surgery if not from the Brisbane area
How to refer
Simply visit fill out the online form, upload picture if available
[insert form here]
[Referral Link] or download the electronic referral and fax to: 0 73144 5652
What does it cost?
The Westside Skin Cancer Clinic is designed to keep the overall surgical costs to the patients at a minimum, both for insured and uninsured patients.
All surgery is performed at known gap rates, and the costs of accommodation in the Essence suites is significantly less than a typical nightly rates in the private hospital system.
Patient’s fees are limited to:
- Applicable Hospital excess per health policy
- All procedural fees capped at $500 per specialists involved
- Travel costs including hotel accommodation may be subsidised under the Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme (PTSS)