Dr Anojan (Ano) Navaratnam is a consultant Urologist who is a fully credentialed urological surgeon with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. He is a robotic surgeon with interests in urologic oncology and endourology.
After growing up in Brisbane, Dr Navaratnam moved to Sydney to complete medical school where he graduated with honours from the University of New South Wales. He then returned to Brisbane and completed his formal urological training.
Sub Specialist Interests:
- Urologic cancer
- Minimally invasive surgery – robotic surgery, laparoscopy
- Complex kidney stone disease
- Surgery for kidney stones – Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL), laser surgery
- Treatment for enlargement of the prostate including Rezum, Urolift, and Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate (HoLEP)
- Placement of spacing hydrogel (SpaceOAR) prior to radiation treatment for prostate cancer
- General urology and men’s health
Robotic and Laparoscopic Surgeries:
- Robotic partial nephrectomy
- Robotic and laparoscopic radical nephrectomy for kidney cancer (including cancers with extension into the vena cava)
- Robotic radical prostatectomy with nerve sparing for prostate cancer
- Robotic radical cystectomy with urinary tract diversion for bladder cancer
- Robotic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for testicular and other cancers
- Robotic varicocoele repair
He is the only surgeon in Queensland to have experience in the use of robotics for complex surgery including vena cava tumour thrombus surgery and retroperitoneal lymph node dissection. He is the only surgeon in Queensland to have completed fellowship training in Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP) for benign prostate hyperplasia.
Dr Navaratnam is passionate about the health of Queenslanders and ensuring the best outcomes for his patients. He wants to ensure patients in regional Australia have access to state of the art urological care. He has previously spent four years of medical and surgical training in regional towns including Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie, Hervey Bay, Rockhampton and Mackay.
Westside Private Hospital
Level 1, 32 Morrow Street
Taringa QLD 4068